Menstrual cups are new but not so new at the same time. Within the last year or so they have been the most talked about thing in town.
I’ve talked about a few menstrual cup brands here on GRW. Today I wanted to talk a bit about Ruby Cups.
Ruby cups is a menstrual cup manufacturer from Denmark. What really impresses me about this company is their buy one give one campaign. For every menstrual cup purchased, they will give a cup away to a girl in Kenya who cannot afford tampons or pads. I find that very noble of them and not to mention the impact they are making in these girls’ lives.
Menstrual cups gives us more flexibility when it comes to our period. They are cheaper, healthier, cleaner, greener and a few more “-ers” that you can learn more about here.
I decided to mention Ruby Cups today because of the benefits they were bringing to impoverished communities as well as the ongoing theme that’s developed over the last few weeks: we talked tampon delivery services in episode 23 and a little vagina monologue in episode 24. So I thought it would be keep with the theme and discuss menstrual cups on the GirlRatesWorld beauty podcast.
The biggest selling point for menstrual cups is their ability to allow you to “be yourself” during your period. You can go swimming, horseback riding…you name it, you can do it. You don’t have to worry about overnight wear, odor or leakage either.
Latest posts by girlratesworld (see all)
- Valentines Day Giveaway – Win FREE Dresses for a YEAR - January 28, 2015
- Blow His Mind Chocolate Raspberry Valentines Day Cakes for Two - January 26, 2015
- BH Cosmetics Matte Lipstick Swatches + Valentine’s Day Picks - January 23, 2015
- Janet Jackson Poetic Justice Inspired Makeup Tutorial - January 21, 2015
- Valentines Day Games for Couples | I Share My Fav! - January 20, 2015